Sunday, November 1, 2009

He’s building me a house.

amish house raisingLike the Amish, it has become a community effort.  His family is amazingly involved and helpful. 

Thank you Chris, Barbara, and DeWin! 

Brian bought a house a few months ago.  He was just going to knock out a wall in the bathroom.  Then one day all of the walls were gone.  And the kitchen cabinets.  And the flooring.  And a ceiling.  And electrical stuff.   

The electrical is all back.  The walls are all up again.  They are textured and primed.  They are ready to be painted pretty colors—yellow, tan, green, gray.  I’m excited about the walls. 

I’m afraid my truest colors have come out in the process.  I’m amazed that Brian still loves me.  I picked bathroom schemes, then promptly change my mind…once everything had been picked out.  And I might have done some other fun tricks like that.  I was just testing him.  He passed.  

The house is going to beautiful! 

It isn’t quite finished though.

We may be living in a tent.

Or we may be lucky enough to live at his parents.

If they’ll have us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy my love! The only sad part is you missed out on all the all-nighters and missed deadlines with us! For our next house I promise to give you the same experience so you don't feel left out! But the important thing is that the only times it will look REALLY beautiful is when you're in it! Maybe a finished house will be your Christmas present!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy I am so happy for you and really enjoy reading your blog. I miss you guys. I am really greatful for your family. Your dad has been amazing for my dad and we all really appreciate it. I hope your day is beautiful you deserve it.
    Tricia (Hall) Tegan

    ReplyDelete