Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Clark's Quilt

I made this quilt for Clark when I was pregnant with him. It was fun to pick out the material with Diane- I had an idea of what I wanted, and it turned out perfectly (especially if you look at it from far away). Again, Diane was a very patient teacher! I hope to some day be even half as skilled as she is!




Clark--born January 2, 2009-- wrapped in his quilt just minutes before placing him. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara! (thank you Annie!) He is beautiful!




With the leftover material from Clark's quilt I made this wall-hanging quilt. It will be a good reminder to me when I see it of how much I love Clark!


8 comments:

  1. oh, luc. he's beautiful! (so is the quilt). you are the strongest woman i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall hanging turned out great!! Just so you know, that square is called a shoo-fly. The fabrics worked out wonderfully. Those are all gorgeous pictures. And just so everyone knows, Clark's quilt looks just as good up close as it does from far away. Lucy had something in her eye and couldn't see clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucy, it's beautiful! what a perfect gift for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me Lucy! How special for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt, that is such and amazing thing you did. I will have to forward you this story from the new era called "wrapped in the arms of his love" it is about a quilt that belonged to a family member and how whenever they wrapped up in the quilt they could feel a closeness and love that the person had for them. I think that Clark will KNOW how much you loved him when he wraps up in your quilt. That is so special. Thank you for sharing about your baby and your life, it takes a lot of courage to write about personal feelings on a blog and I commend you for it! I am so happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lucy, I had no idea! You are amazing, and I have a newfound respect for you! Grant and I went through so many infertility problems before finally getting pregnant with Noah, and adoption was always on my mind. I am so proud of you for being so incredibly brave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wall hanging--what a neat thing to remind yourself. You inspire me. I love you Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make the wall hanging! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete