Saturday, August 8, 2009

Love.

One thing I love about Brian is that he is letting this be my first time too.  

He doesn't ask too many questions. 

When he asks, my answers are enough.  He believes me.  He loves me.

He knows my soul.  He reads me.  He knows the ins and outs of my face even though we don't see each other's faces nearly enough to know such quirks.  He knows my voice--it's inflections, changes, and stresses better than I do.

When I share the dearest, most fragile pieces of my heart, he takes them and cares about them.  The hardest parts of my life--the things I was most afraid to share with him, those things I needed him to treat with care--he does.  And somehow they make him love me more.  

4 comments:

  1. He is a good guy. Both of you are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy and Brian Congratulations!!! I am so glad to hear these things from you Lucy! May your marriage be blessed!! Are you planning it to be in Fairfield??

    ReplyDelete