Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is this world coming to?

To the middle-aged man in a business suit who flailed (literally-- arms up in the air) on my flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles (or was it Los Angeles to Phoenix?),

I am sorry that we only had a regular white wine (with a name I can not pronounce) instead of a Chardonnay (a word I can not spell).

I have to wonder how hard your day must have been in order to cause such a melt down.

I'm sorry if your girlfriend broke up with you. I'm sorry if your dog died. I'm sorry about whatever happened in your life to inspire such a statement as "What is this world coming to?" (and actually mean it).

But, secretly I'm really not sorry that we had no Chardonnay. Because your reaction made my day.

Sincerely,

Your flight attendant

p.s. I think I may have seen your lip quiver.

1 comment: