Usually God picks moms. But in Clark’s case, with God’s help, I picked his mom.
I looked through hundreds and hundreds of moms before I found her. She is beautiful. Perfectly beautiful. She’s talented. She teaches piano. She does crafts. She sings and directs choir. She cooks and bakes and cans jars and jars of applesauce. She makes 20 freezer meals at a times and she knits little hats. She also loves. She loves her husband. She loves her boys. She’s kind to them. She’s close to the Spirit. And she knew that she should write to me, even though I didn’t know I wanted her to write to me. She goes to the temple with her husband. She has a sense of humor. She laughs when things are hard, when things go crazy at her house, when all of her boys are crying at once, and Ben’s not home to help her. I was so excited when I finally found her. I loved her instantly when I met her.
Thank you for being my baby’s mom!
Thanks for being my friend!
I love you, Heather!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Thank you! You made me cry. It is an honor to be Clark's mom and have you as a friend forever!
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry too. We love you tons and tons and we sure love Clark's mom, too!
ReplyDeleteLucy you are such a talented writer and have such a great heart! I love your posts about Clark's family and your mom!!! Hope that you had a very special Mother's day yourself!!
ReplyDeleteI know this is repetitious, but you made me cry too! I am sitting in a room full of people crying! I love you!!
ReplyDelete