Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hotels and beds.

jumpingWhen I first became a flight attendant (2.5 years ago…can you believe that?), I was an absolute sucker for hotel rooms.  It was all so new to me, and I really fell for it all.  It’s because of people like me that they can get away with paying us the meager wage that they do!  My aunt used to laugh at me and she would tell people that my favorite thing about hotel rooms was having a big comfortable bed and a remote control…embarrassing…but maybe a little true?

I no longer care about the remote control.  In fact, I have not turned on a TV yet this year, and I love it!

A comfortable bed with plush pillows is still appreciated.  Free internet, an in-room microwave and a refrigerator are also nice.  Free breakfast is a great bonus.  (Hampton Inns happen to meet all of my needs best, in case you’re also looking for a nice over-night stay). 

However, none of these things are as wonderful as the people I’d rather be with.  I miss my roommate and I miss my family and friends.  I miss FHE and ward temple night, and the connections I would rather be making with people.  I finally feel like I’m reaching a point in my life where I’m ready to wind down and move on. 

Last night I had an layover in Oakland.  My mom picked me up so we could spend 24 hours together.  If I could spend every layover with my parents I would be a happy girl!  I enjoy being with my parents more than most anyone else.  They are truly delightful, interesting, and loving parents and friends.  I am lucky to be their daughter!  And sleeping in my bed at home is far more comfortable than any hotel bed! 

3 comments:

  1. Seriously! I had a dream last night that you, Em, Mom, and Samuel all surprised me by coming and visiting. It was such a great dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. L - it was so DELIGHTFUL to have you here. I would much rather have you here in one of our beds than in those plush wonderful hotel beds any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete