Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why I Love Oregon (Part II)

I spent part of my weekend in the Portland area.  I saw this:

colombiarivergorge Columbia River Gorge—unbelievably beautiful!

It was a perfect day with perfect company!  Very warm, blue skies, and of course lot’s of green, green, green!  Our lovely drive through the National Scenic Area was literally like driving through a rainforest, with some of the most beautiful waterfalls I’ve ever seen.  I could be very happy living in a place like Portland!   

2 comments:

  1. Now you know why it was so hard for me to leave the Seattle area. The Northwest has a beauty unlike anywhere else. Thank you Lewis & Clark for speeding along the discovery of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Crown Point, isn't it? Welcome to my backyard! Ah I'm so jealous you were there. I love the gorge. I spent many nights looking at the stars at lookout points, and days hiking up to waterfalls there.

    ReplyDelete