I just got back from a gratifying run in the sun. While jogging to some of ABBA’s best, I was reminded of two of my favorite people. A couple that, in my lowest of low moments in life, invited me on their date night to go see Mama Mia!…and I accepted! Shameful, I know. I also without very much hesitation, crashed several more of their date nights, seeing other fantastic movies like Get Smart and Ghost Town, and eating yummy places like Spaghetti Mama’s and Five Guys.
The fun didn’t end there. Many of my evenings were spent in their room, in a rocking chair, where I started watching, and quickly became addicted to some of my favorite television shows—So You Think You Can Dance and Survivor being two of my favorites. And somehow in that rocking chair, numbed by the noise and action of the TV, and knowing I was loved and supported, I healed.
We love you too! Thank you for letting us be a part of your life. I have the fondest of memories of those times, and watching those shows and movies together. Coincidentally, I was just going to pop in the movie Mamma Mia! To listen to while I quilt. Now I'll do it for sure, and think of you.
ReplyDeleteso you think you can dance is by far my favorite show! are you watching this season? love it! and love you!
ReplyDeleteThey are super great people. We sure appreciate them! Plus they are cougar fans :)
ReplyDelete