I love this picture of me and Clark. I’m telling him something important. Maybe I’m telling him how much I love him and how hard it is going to be to let him go. Maybe I’m telling to be good, kind, and obedient. I might be telling him to serve a mission and get married in the temple. There were so many things I told him during those two days.
I wish I could hold him right now. This is what I would tell him today:
Clark,
I know you don’t remember me, but six months ago I gave birth to you—you were perfect! Some day I’ll remind you of those two heaven-like days we had together. I think you knew me well. You knew my voice. I held you so close. I hated to let you go, even just for a moment when we were in the hospital. Then I let you go forever—so that you could be happy. I never thought I’d stop crying when you were gone. But, I don’t cry every day anymore—just some nights when I’m all alone and my ache for you can’t seem to calm. I still miss you like crazy. I still think of you constantly. And, of course, I love you! I’m grateful for the miracle of your existence. I love your parents and am grateful for the happy home they have given you. I love you, Clark!
Love,
Lucy
He is so cute, so big and so happy!
It’s hard to believe that he’s lived for a half of a year. Looking back through our hospital pictures, and remembering the pain, I’m kind of surprised I’ve made it half of a year. But I have. I only have through the Atonement. Christ has eased the ache and given me strength, blessings, and happiness!
that was beautiful, lucy. thank you for letting all of us share that part of your life. i am so inspired and humbled by your example! love you!
ReplyDeleteyou are my inspiration Lucy! You are an amazing sister and such an amazing mother to be so selfless! Thank you for all you do! I love you!
ReplyDeleteLucy, thank you for being strong and intuitive. I really love hearing your thoughts and testimony. Keep shining your light. I love you!
ReplyDeletei love you.
ReplyDeleteLucy I love to read your blog!! SO glad that the Lord has brought you thus far and thankful that you know His faithfulness will continue to lead you!!
ReplyDeleteLucy,
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post. I am so glad for your ability to look at the bigger picture and know that your little guy will have a happy life. I am so glad you have relied on the lord to get through the tough times and the lonely nights. I to had to rely on him heavily to get through the rough spots. It's amazing how much he supports us and heals our hearts. You are an amazing person and I am so glad I got to meet you.
I am crying. Your words ring so true. Thank you for that.
ReplyDeletebeautiful story. you are so brave. xo
ReplyDeleteI'm coming to you from Meg's blog (the brunette bombshell). I needed to read this today, if only you knew how much I needed to read this. You are both strong and inspiring. Thank you for sharing something so deeply personal. Clark is lucky to have a mother with such selflessness.
ReplyDeleteThis was absoloutely beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
sister, keep on keeping on.
ReplyDeleteyou're beautiful and resilient.
i wish all of God's greatest blessings upon you.
wonderful things are in store for you.
xo n