I’m a little behind on posting…my internet on my laptop has not been functioning very well.
I spent the 4th in Portland with Brian. While Brian and his brothers and dad were at the house working for several hours, his sister-in-law, Heather and I ran to the grocery store for a few things and then had several hours to chat.
In the evening we had a nice barbeque with friends and family. After dinner, Brian and I went golfing with friends, played Rock Band, and then watched fireworks from the Robert’s backyard. They were beautiful!
You can’t tell in this picture, but there are fireworks all across the sky behind us. What a great day!
Alan & Linda Roberts, me & Brian, Chris Harris, Derin & Heather Harris, Chris Roberts, Laurin.
i have a confession to make. i tend to be bad at this blogging thing--responding to comments and the like and i've only made it over to your corner of the internet this morning (for the first time) and i just...i don't know how to thank you. for the love you so clearly have for...everything. i am reading your posts and crying out of wonder at the love you have for your baby and for the family that is raising him. its nothing short of amazing. and how you told people that your father spoke 7 languages because you thought he was THAT smart--i love that in every possible way. you are a marvel. truly. an inspiration. so thank you, i hope to be back to this corner many times in the future! and i'm totally stealing your camus quote on the side. perfection.
ReplyDeletelove to you,
meg
I've never been to OR but always wanted to go, maybe that will be my next vacation. I like your happy list, I love running too!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove
I'm sure you've come to realize this in the months since July, but since I'm just now seeing it, I feel that I should tell you that it's spelled Daren and not Derin. If you want to be in the family, you're going to have to get that one down! You have exactly one month to do it. GO! =)
ReplyDelete