Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What do you think about…?

Years ago when my dad was called to be part of a bishopric, my mom was talking to her sister and told her the news.  My dad, being the private man that he is, doesn’t really announce news like that—or really any news at all—and  wasn’t really thrilled about my mom doing it either.  He would rather the topic just come up naturally.  Well, obviously, some things (like being called into a bishopric) just don’t come up naturally.

The next time my mom wanted to announce something that doesn’t come up naturally, she coined the phrase, “What do you think about…?

This phrase has since been used many times in our family to announce important things.

For example, if I were wanting to announce that I was getting married, I might say something like…

“What do you think about weddings in November?”

Well folks, it’s not hypothetical.  It’s true. 

Brian proposed last weekend.

And I said “yes!”

20 comments:

  1. Great to hear! We'll have to start looking at flights. No promises, but we really hope that we can make it. Keep us updated with more wedding info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lucy. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the best thing I'll think about all day! I couldn't be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOOOOOOO!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you LUCY!!! i can't wait to meet him and see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the idea of weddings in november! i saw your title in my google reader and i thought, "could it be...?" and it is! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy,
    I'm thrilled to hear it! Isn't love amazing! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations! That Brian guy is the luckiest man in the world to be marrying a girl so perfectly perfect like you! :-) I know it might be taboo for me to post on here, but I wanted everyone to know how much I love you! I don't think I'll ever be able to fully express that. You're everything I ever hoped to find in a spouse and much much more! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I just recently found your blog! I find you to be so inspiring...I understand all that you have gone through with your baby and all. You're a huge inspiration to me, and even though I don't know you, I'm very happy for your engagement...it seems like you truely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are truly amazing. I am so excited for you, you deserve the best and it sounds like you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congratulations! I better get an invite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, I am so happy for you!!! I want to hear more details about the proposal!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! This is the fulfillment of me waiting for a post for a while. So happy for you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOORAY!!!!! Congrats that is so exciting!!! I'm getting married in October and Can't wait. You two look simply happy!!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, I was so happy to read this post. I am very happy for you, you deserve all the happiness life can bring. Brian is a very lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Lucy!! That is such happy news. I agree with everyone else who said Brian is a lucky guy (and I love how he added his own comment on here).

    ReplyDelete