Dear Emi,
Remember how we both screamed the night that you came home and I had the blender going and I was wearing a black hoodie?
Imagine that times 10 when I'm laying in my bed last night...it's completely dark in the house. Every light is turned out. I have my earplugs in. My door is open. And all of a sudden I see a flashlight with a slightly blue-ish glow coming from the kitchen. I almost had a heart attack. Of course, in that moment, I did not logically think, "oh yes, of course, Emily told me people were coming"...instead I was sure my throat was about to be slit. Really. That was the only idea in my mind. I'm about to die. I'm about to die. Ha ha!
Love, Lucy
i am so horrified! we need to get this visitor thing down! so happy you didn't die of fright because i might have.
ReplyDeletei laughed when i read the first part about the blender.
ReplyDeletemy mom is really jumpy like that. when we were in our kirkland house, we'd have to warn her when we were coming downstairs if she was doing laundry. if we didn't and were suddenly in the laundry room with her, she'd jump and scream. i used to tease her, until one time i was in the laundry room and she didn't warn me that she was coming down. like mother, like daughter...