Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hand Holding

Tonight I held a boy's hand for the first time since June...at ward prayer. Yes, at ward prayer. So apparently our ward has a ward prayer tradition of holding hands with the opposite sex in a big circle during the prayer. Boy, girl, boy, girl...all around the house. I'm not going to lie...it was awkward.

It reminded me of dinner appointments with a family on my mission, in St. Clairsville, Ohio. During their dinner prayer they all hold hands. My companion and I would have a silent fight with our eyes-- vying for the seat between the two little girls. The alternative was sitting between several teenage boys or the dad. Also awkward.

Needless to say, it won't be one of my family traditions...you can count on that!

4 comments:

  1. i love that i witnessed this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. I am sorry. I can just see you and your companion jumping to be between girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would I be that companion.... your most favorite companion! I am so excited to see you have a blog! Love it! We need to catch up and perhaps get together soon. I sure love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete