I've always thought a lot about light. My name- Lucy- means "light." I like that. It is a good reminder of how I should live my life. I haven't always and I regret it and what it took away from my character during that time. Apathy and disobedience can take away our light. Lucifer- whose name also means light- a morning star- had such potential for being full of light. But because he was disobedient, he lost light and became a "fallen star." So many of the worldly stars we idolize are actually "falling stars."
The prophet, however, is the brightest star there is, and we can have complete confidence in him because of this. We can also be full of light by making conscious efforts to not fall. It's so easy to fall. I've done it, dang it- and people I love have done it, or are doing it. It's just so easy to do if you don't work for the light. You just can't take a break, or you fall just a little bit- and then it becomes easier to fall just a little bit more.
I am so happy when I am filled with light!
(p.s. When I get super spiritual like this, I understand that it may be just too much for you. It's just a huge part of who I am and what I think about...so sometimes it ends up in my blog. Thanks for acting like you like it.)
I love it! I love your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your testimony!
ReplyDeleteYou are a Superwoman and a bright light in our lives!
ReplyDeletei love you, lucy!
ReplyDeleteI actually think your super spiritual insights are very inspiring. Thanks for helping me along with your thoughts. Love you!
ReplyDelete