Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy 4 Months to Clark!

Clark is 4 months old in 15 minutes.  Maybe by the time I post this, it will be 2:03…the time he was born.  The time my life changed forever.  Here are some of my thoughts from that moment:

“…the second he came out and was placed on my tummy, I knew I could never let him go.  I love him more than I have ever loved anyone or anything… Holding Clark changed me.  I will never be the same.  I am a mother.  I have never loved as much.  I cried the moment his little wet body was placed on my tummy in my arms.  How has anyone placed their baby for adoption after holding him?  I still don’t know.”

And I still don’t know.  But, I’m grateful I was given the power to do it.  A power way beyond me, and the knowledge that it was the best thing for Clark, helped me sign those papers. 

I love you, Clark!  Happy, happy 4 months!  You are a blessed little baby.  You have the best parents!  I love you!

Clark,blanket

Just moments before I handed him to Ben and Heather.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lucy. I love you. Thanks for being strong when it has been so, so hard. I can't even imagine.

    I've always tried to remind myself that the depth of sorrow we feel also makes it possible to feel the same extreme of joy. Bring on the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lucy you make me cry!!! He is beautiful what a strong woman you are!!!...

    ReplyDelete