Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday David!

 

David

My little brother, David, turned 26 on Wednesday and he deserves to be recognized!

The day before his birthday this year I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with him.  I always love spending time with David.  He gives me hugs and tells me he loves me.  He validates my life and my experience.  He gets mad at the people who have hurt me.  He believes me.  And I believe in him.  I love every piece of him. 

He is passionate about his things.  Movies!  I’ve never met a human who has seen more movies or appreciates movies more than David does.  Politics!  We don’t see eye to eye on every issue, but I love that his politics are based on a genuine love for people and society.  He’s a lover and a giver.  Tennis!  This one is new to him, but he has fully embraced tennis.  He plays it and watches it like a true fan should.  Fashion!  He’s a way better dresser than I am.  He always looks good, and even has fun hair styles to top off every great BR outfit.    

We don’t remember ever fighting…just two years apart and never a fight?   It’s all because of him.  He is a true peacemaker.  I forced him to play games with me, and he happily played.  We used to sketch animals together on lazy Sunday afternoons.  He even let me read Sweet Valley Twins to him (he was 8—and I may have been taking advantage of his good nature…).

Thanks for being my friend then, and now!  I love you, David!   

1 comment:

  1. amen! i can't ever remember fighting with david either. and we've spent a lot of time together. i'm so glad i have such wonderful cousins!

    ReplyDelete