Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A little heaven on my front porch.

girlonfrontporchI’m experiencing a little bit of heaven on the Grandma House front porch tonight. I brought out one of my vintage yellow armchairs that I bought from a delightful old lady at a garage sale several weeks ago. They are the most comfortable arm chairs I’ve ever sat in. I have two, so if you’d ever like to come sit in the other one on my front porch, we could enjoy another experience like this…together! Please come visit!

It’s a perfect night. It’s breezy, perfectly cool, I’m surrounded by green, and Brad Paisley is singing Then to me for the 5th time tonight (through YouTube). And I am grateful.

I am content—and not just because I’m sitting on the Grandma House porch in my yellow arm chair. I wouldn’t change a thing about my life. And if God decides to change something, I feel like I am in a place where I can take that on with courage. Bring it!

yellowchair

5 comments:

  1. I would love to come sit on your other yellow chair and chat!-especially since I'm now in Utah for the summer! --let's do of soon!...(sorry..I also am a fan of liberal exclamation points..)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front porches just breed wonderfulness. I'm glad yours is excellent and that you had a nice evening on it. I'd love to be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sit on one, maybe in August?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to sit and chat with you on your yellow chair. I wish I could this very night. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS POST! i just found it! geeze i feel like i check your blog everyday, but then i miss a few and there are tons! that's my heaven!

    ReplyDelete