Saturday, April 11, 2009

Birthday (Part III)

   blendtecvitamix      blendtec                 or                          vitamix

For my birthday this year (and some birthday’s to come) my parents gave me a high-powered blender.  For anyone who hasn’t tried a super-powerful blender…don’t start!  They are too expensive to need.  But, once you try it, you kind of feel like you need it. 

Here’s the thing—I originally got the Blendtec from a Costco demonstration thing.  A few weeks later I saw another demonstration at Costco for the Vitamix, and we bought it too.  Now I need to return one.  

Which one do I return?

They are approximately the same price with similar warranties.

If you have an opinion please tell me!

4 comments:

  1. We used our vitamix for years, and loved it. Now we have the Blendtec. I think Ray prefers it.You could give him a call and he'll give you the pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how the new vitamixes are (they could have made some changes) but comparing my new blendtec to my parents old vitamix, I like the Blendtec better. It has straight sides so it's easier to clean, it fits under my counter top (their's didn't) and I like that I can just choose a cycle, push one button, and then it turns off by itself. As far as power goes I think they are about the same. Vroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't mean it fits under my counter top. I meant it fits on my counter under my cupboards. does that make more sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more familiar with the Vitamix. My parents have one, and it is great. I don't know anything about the Blendtec. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete