When we weren’t exploring D.C., we spent our time at Rebecca’s working mostly on a fun magnet project. Magnetic things turned out to be our theme this year: Emily gave us magnets, Rebecca and Mom both brought magnetic measuring spoons, and then this project…
We made decorative magnets by gluing artful/clever/funny/ meaningful magazine cutouts inside bottle caps. It was Mom’s idea, and she came well prepared with dozens of caps that she had collected from local bars in Fairfield! No lie! Please, just imagine that for a moment…!!
Here is a snapshot of some of them:
Mine are kind of obvious: cheerios (anyone who knew me when I was pregnant knows how much I liked those…and still do, amazingly enough!), Silk Soymilk (yum!), crossword puzzle, Travel, “Love’s in Bloom” (haha! just kidding! that is so not mine! that is Annie’s…for obvious reasons!)
These are just a handful of the ones that were made.
It was absolutely fun! I would never have thought it could be so much fun. It was the perfect thing to be doing while we just talked…and we talked a lot!
Side note: Lest you think I am “crafty”… I kind of mostly dislike crafts. I don’t cross-stitch or use puffy paint, and I have a pretty passionate distaste for all things tole-painted. Somehow I’m convinced these are different?
I am so glad you posted these!! now that i lost my journal, this is even more important! that was such a fun week, i love you so much!!!
ReplyDeletethey are definitely different. how fun!
ReplyDelete