Monday, April 6, 2009

This year I am...

Cleansing.

I was pretty busy having a baby at the beginning of this year, and never got a chance to formally welcome 2009.

After having Clark I felt like a new person. I felt cleansed. Reborn. It was the perfect kick start to my cleansing goal for the year.

I'm cleansing my body by eating healthy food, doing yoga, and running/walking. I'm flossing every day. I've never been an amazing flosser--but my parents convinced me I should be. (Have you seen the movie Ghost Town? You should. I laughed so hard my stomach ached. An important time saving advise from the protagonist- a dentist- "Only floss the ones you want to keep.") So, this year I'm flossing.

I'm cleansing my spirit by reading something every day by a prophet of God, praying more sincerely, trusting Him, and by being grateful.

I'm cleansing my mind (and spirit) by not watching television. (I watched enough TV for the next 3 years during my pregnancy...so this year I'm not going to) I'm excited about this one. It's already been so rewarding for my little spirit!

I am grateful for new beginnings. So far, 2009 has been busy with new beginnings I had never planned for. Today is another one. I'm not where I thought I would be at 28, but I feel like I am in a very good place. An exciting place with exciting opportunities! I can do anything! And that's exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Cleansing sounds wonderful. I'm also trying to improve my flossing habits. My hygentist said to floss while you are standing in the hot water in the shower. It's worked for me.
    I'm tempted to try dried figs now.

    ReplyDelete