Lucy is approached by a captain she had flown with 2+ years ago.
Captain: Hi! (kind of excited sounding)
Lucy: Hi. (trying to recall having flown with him)
Captain: How are you?
Lucy: Great... (still recalling)
Captain: Really?
Lucy: Yeah. Why? (I know he doesn't know anything about me. We're hardly acquaintances.)
Captain: Well- are you still living in Pocatello?
Lucy: I never did. I don't think I've even been there actually.
Captain: Oh- I mean Idaho Falls. Isn't that where your boyfriend lives?
Lucy: Nope. Haven't been there either. Don't have a boyfriend there. (or a boyfriend at all for that matter)
Captain: Hmm.
Lucy: (thinking, "hmmm")
Captain: Are you Mindy?
Lucy: I'm sorry- I'm not.
Captain: (face turns red) Oh. Sorry. (he starts to walk away)
All of the other pilots and flight attendants who have witnessed this with interest are now all laughing. A lot.
Captain: (he turns around) Do you want a boyfriend in Idaho Falls?
He is from Idaho Falls
Lucy: (laughs nicely. she doesn't.)
Funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so funny!!! Love the post!
ReplyDeletewhat a great story! made me laugh. poor guy.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA! That is amazing!!!
ReplyDelete